Irish dancing is a living art form that has been passed down through the generations and progresses over time. It is both artistic and athletic! In addition to fancy footwork, Irish dancers learn numerous life skills through their dance training including dedication, determination, focus, stage presence, sportsmanship and teamwork. Irish dancing is a great activity for physical fitness, building self esteem and making new friends.
Classes at Richens/Timm focus on all aspects of Irish dance. From solo to team, from children to adult, from social to competitive; there is something for everyone at the Richens/Timm Academy. We recommend dancers be at least 5 years old, but some children may be ready to begin their dance journey at 4 years, depending on coordination and attention span. We also offer adult classes at most locations. You are never too old to Irish dance!
Our new dance year begins after Labor Day each September. Classes run through July with a break for the month of August. Contact us for more information!
New dancers are welcome to visit an Open House this fall. See what Richens/Timm is all about and discover if Irish dancing is a good fit for you!
ENROLLMENT FOR SPRING & SUMMER INTRODUCTORY CLASSES IS NOW OPEN!
Enroll via links below. After you complete your online registration form, follow the link in your confirmation email to make payment.
SPRING BEGINNER CLASSES
The Spring Beginner course is recommended for dancers who want to get started now! The class meets once weekly. For younger dancers, the spring class is a great jump start on the beginner year. For older dancers, the spring class may allow them to accomplish the beginner curriculum and move on to the advanced beginner level in the fall. Dancers must be at least 5 yrs old at the time of the class to join the Spring Beginner class.
- DAYTON ~ Beavercreek Tuesdays, April 25 – May 30, 2017 (6 classes) from 5:00-5:45pm
- DAYTON ~ Kettering Wednesdays, April 26 – May 31, 2017 (6 classes) from 5:00-5:45pm
- DUBLIN Wednesdays, April 26 – May 31, 2017 (6 classes) from 6:30-7:15pm
- INDIANAPOLIS Wednesdays, April 26 – May 31, 2017 (6 classes) from 4:00-4:45pm
- TIPTON– FREE TRIAL CLASS on Tuesday April 18, from 4:15-5:00pm. Contact Liz Jones for more details.
SUMMER INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOPS
The introductory workshop is recommended for any dancers who would like to experience the exciting world of Irish dance! Dancers are recommended to be 5 yr old, but on occasion 4 or 4.5 yr old may be ready to try. The introductory workshop is the best opportunity to determine if younger dancers are ready to begin class in the fall. It is a good fit for older dancers to have a a taste of an Irish dance class.
- CASPER June dates TBA
- DAYTON June 5-9, 2017 (5 classes) from 11:00am -12:00pm – Enroll soon through the Oakwood Community Center
- INDIANAPOLIS June 13, 14 & 15, 2017 (3 classes) from 12:00-12:45pm
- DAYTON August 7-11, 2017 (5 classes) from 11:00am -12:00pm – Enroll soon through the Oakwood Community Center
- DUBLIN August 8, 9 & 10, 2017 (3 classes) from 5:45-6:30pm