Richens/Timm Columbus - Recital
Event Overview - Richens/Timm Columbus - Recital 2010
The Richens/Timm Academy of Irish Dance is planning a special 2-hour Celtic Celebration, a dance program featuring our entire school from beginners to world qualifiers on Thursday, 22 April at 7:00 pm. We invite not only Richens/Timm families and their guests, but also Groups (Retirement and Nursing Homes, etc.) and the general public to join us.
- The recital begins April 22 at 7:00 pm and will feature a non-stop lineup of our athletic, powerful and graceful dances choreographed to the thrilling sounds of Celtic music.
- Cost is $10 per person for advance ticket reservations ($12 at-the-door - if available).
- The event features easy access and comfortable, theater style, seating in the Thomas Worthington High School Auditorium. (HWY 315 and the W. Dublin-Granville Exit, 300 W. Dublin-Granville Rd, Worthington).
- Read Video & Photography Policies
- Read Ticket Payment Policies & Deadlines
- DVD Orders
- Flower Sales
Our dancers range in age from 5-18 and will perform traditional and contemporary soft and hard shoe arrangements. The show is emceed by our school founder, Irish born, Ann Richens.
Recital Ticket Policies & Important Deadlines...
Please contact our ticket coordinator, Laura Doland with any questions.
- Tickets go on sale to Richens/Timm Academy families on March 15, 2010
- Tickets sales open to the general public on April 1, 2010 (but will not be assigned & distributed till April 8, 2010)
You may reserve your seats in advance by completing our Web Form or dance families can complete a paper form , however, we will not release seats to the general public until April 8 to afford our families an opportunity for priority seating.
Please view the following based on the date of ticket reservation:
You have the option to download and complete a paper form to mail with payment or use our Web Ticket Order Form with a mailed payment afterwards.
Please prepare your check made payable to IDAC and mail immediately to:
4629 Thornoak Dr.,
Grove City, OH, 43123
Initial distribution of tickets will be my Richens/Timm Studio Mailbox for Dance Families and by return mail through April 17. The remainder of tickets will be distributed at Will Call with a separate line for PREPAID and UNPAID tickets. UNPAID TICKETS ARE SUBJECT TO SURRENDER AT 6:50PM IF WE ARE SOLD OUT
As we do not wish to risk a check crossing in the mail, we ask that you plan to arrive at the recital early for the Unpaid Will Call line. Please have your check ready for the amount you would have otherwise mailed (checks payable to IDAC).
Please be at the recital and in line by no later than 6:50 pm! Your tickets are unpaid and subject to surrender after this time!
- Parents working at theWill Call ticket table also have dancers performing, and they would like to see the show in its entirety.
- In the event that we are approaching a Sell-Out situation based on at-the-door sales versus unclaimed, unpaid Will Call tickets - at 6:50 pm we will release tickets for sale. We will first announce the name of the party who made the ticket reservation, and if not present in line at that time, their tickets will be sold, as needed, for $12 per ticket.
We will not accept Web orders for tickets on April 22 regardless of ticket availability.
At-the-door tickets, if available, will cost $12 each and be sold on a first-come basis.
Unpaid Will-Call tickets will be released for day-of sale IF WE ARE AT A SOLD OUT STATUS beginning at 6:50 pm. Before releasing a group of tickets, a name will be called out to ensure that those who placed the reservation are not present. If unclaimed, we will release those tickets for at-the-door sales at $12 each.
PLEASE DON'T BE LATE IF YOU HAVEN'T PAID FOR YOUR TICKETS! PLEASE DO BE LATE IF YOU HAVE AND NEED TO PICK THEM UP... OUR ORGANIZERS WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEIR DANCERS PERFORM, TOO!
Those who do not arrive on time to claim their pre-ordered (unpaid) tickets risk total loss, and if such a party arrives late, they will be placed back into a first-come queue for available tickets at the day-of rate. We're sorry about any inconvenience this presents, however, in the past we have found ourselves stuck with unpaid tickets and people waiting at the door who were unable to actually see the show.
Day of ticket sales will occur at-the-door if any remaining unreserved tickets are available.
In the event we over-sold from our reservation system, we will make every effort to notify persons placing those orders by April 21 or earlier in the day on April 22. Our process and current computer system does not enable the sophistication of tracking our inventory, at this time. We hope in years to come, we can move forward with such a system.
Unpaid tickets that have been reserved will be released for at-the-door sales if unclaimed by the reserving party at 6:50 pm on April 22. We will announce the name of the reserving party one time, and if they are not present, those tickets will be released for sale at the $12 per ticket rate.
For the safety of our dancers and enjoyment of all in the audience, the following policies will be strictly enforce:
- ABSOLUTELY NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY - this is not only annoying, inconsiderate to others, and could cause issues with the quality of our professional video, but it truly poses a safety threat to our dancers. In a dark hall, the amplitude of a single flash can be quite strong and distracting or blinding.
- Please - no videotaping! Again, in the past we've experienced those who were quite inconsiderate about their camera placements or even movement in the audience to get a great shot of their child. Please don't! The show is professionally recorded, and we suggest it is best to pay attention to the live action and leave the filming to the pros. ORDER A DVD! (order forms will be available in the lobby).
- People who flagrantly violate our policies will be asked to cease and desist and/or possibly to leave the premises with no refund.
Program Ad Sales - SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS APRIL 8 @ 5:00 PM
We are designing a beautiful keepsake program for our 2010 Celtic Celebration "The Colours of Dance." To offset our costs, we are again providing the opportunity to purchase highly visible Program Advertisements.
Not only will the program ads be presented in a high quality multi-page program (11 x 17 scored with a colorful cover on high quality gloss stock), it will be professionally printed. This is a tremendous opportunity to promote a business amongst a very diverse community. We plan to print 500 programs.
We invite you to consider purchasing a program advertisement. The deadline for submission of payment and artwork is April 8 at 5:00 pm. Please follow instructions and specs below.
Thank you for your consideration… If you have any questions concerning Program Ads, please contact our Recital Chair, Laura Doland. She will pass on the question to the appropriate party, as we have numerous folks involved in the program layout this year.
Please note that in addition to program ad purchase, we gratefully accept donations to offset program expenses. The Irish Dance Association of Columbus is a 501-(c)3 charitable organization that supports Irish dance and culture in our community along with The Richens/Timm Academy. The organization can provide appropriate receipts for tax purposes upon request.
Advertising Rates and Size Specifications:
$250 Back Cover of Program (color)
$100 Full Page
$150 Inside Front Cover (black and white)
$60 Half Page
$150 Inside Back Cover (black and white)
$35 Quarter Page
$ ______ Other – IDAC Donation *
$20 Business Card (1/8 page)
Acceptable Advertisement File Types:
- Press-ready PDF File (with embedded and outlined Fonts)
- Adobe InDesign File (with all supporting artwork and Postscript fonts)
If you cannot produce the above files, but have high quality printed artwork, we can scan. You may send printed artwork for Scan or a CD with you files, as above, in protected mailer to:
- Laura Doland
4629 Thornoak Dr.
Grove City, OH, 43123. (Dance families can place in the Doland mail folder at the studio).
Resolution: Raster Images such as photos must be a minimum of 300 dpi (dots per inch)
We can accept 4-color inside cover ads (front & back) as well as for the exterior back cover. All ads for the interior pages of the program will be black & white (grayscale). If someone only has color artwork, we are able to convert it to grayscale if it will expedite the process. It must meet the spec criteria for high resolution at 300 dpi or better and be sized correctly.
Send artwork via zip file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exact ad placement will be best available at time order is placed and ad copy receipt and unless for the inside covers, at the discretion of the editor. If you provided an ad for the program last year and wish to repeat the same artwork, we still have that on file and there is no need to resubmit… Just provide the instructions to use the same art files.
You have two options to order tickets. Note that tickets will be distributed on a first-come basis - whether by post-mark or email date stamp. Please see our policies regarding Sell-Outs.
Tickets are only available at this time on a at-the-door basis, subject to availability.
Get Map & Directions to Thomas Worthington High School...
Thomas Worthington High School
300 W Dublin-Granville Rd
Worthington, OH 43085
IMPORTANT - While the Google® Map & Directions below will navigate you to the high school location, once there - please take the additional time to review Parking and Building Access information.
Get Parking & Building Access Information...
While it's quite easy to find Thomas Worthington High School - getting to the correct side of the building for parking and building access to the theatre can be a bit confusing. View a parking and access map below (click for larger view in new window).
- Download as a PDF to review more closely and print at your discretion (and bring along).
On Site DVD Orders & Flower Sales...
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR VIDEO CAMERA AT HOME. Capture all the memories of the entire Richens/Timm 2010 Recital with a professionally produced DVD. Make great gifts and keepsakes! Order forms will be available at the Recital.
Flower BouquetsSay it with flowers! Congratulatory bouquets will be available for $5 the night of the recital. Please help us plan by indicating your interest in purchasing a bouquet at the recital.